Welsh Government Grants
Professional Learning Grant Plan 2018-2019
Pupil Development Grant (PDG)
Schools in Wales receive a grant from Welsh Government, Pupil Development Grant (PDG), specifically for the purpose of reducing the impact of poverty on educational achievement.
- The total number of pupils on school roll for 1st September 2019 is 230
- The school’s Free School Meal population is approximately 41%
- The school has been consistently in the 5th quartile since 2010.
- The school undertakes the following activities in order to support pupils facing the challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- Provision of literacy programmes for children with difficulties in this area
- Monitor and track the progress of all pupils including those entitled to Free School Meals as well as liaising with class teachers to ensure appropriate provision is in place where needed
- Provision of additional small reading group sessions for those who require this support
- Purchase ICT subscriptions to support numeracy learning in school and at home
- Staff training on using ICT to support the teaching and learning of literacy, numeracy and DCF
- Training and support for staff in supporting children with emotional and behavioural needs
- Curriculum enrichment opportunities developing resilience, collaboration and leadership skills.
The school’s PDG and EIG Plans are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from the EAS and monitored by the Local Authority.