I am looking forward to welcoming children back to the start of a new academic year. I hope you have all stayed safe and well during the Summer break.
At Malpas Court all staff and Governors prioritise the safety of the school community; we will continue to implement our robust safety operations to ensure COVID is kept at bay with the following measures:
- Staggering the start and finish times will continue until Friday 17th September. The school day will then return to its normal time of 8:50am (doors open) 9am prompt start until 3:15pm (Foundation Phase) and 3:30pm (Key Stage 2) from Monday 20th September.
- Teachers will post on individual ClassDojo pages about start and finish times, entry/exit doors, PE days and any other relevant information.
- Entry and exit doors will remain the same as prior to the Summer break along with the school’s one-way system.
- Parents are discouraged from gathering in large groups outside the school.
- Parents should be wearing face coverings on site and follow the schools Risk assessment Procedures.
- Social distancing remains good practice.
- The school office can be contacted via email, phone or Mrs Haven via ClassDojo. (email@example.com 01633 855005).
- The main entrance and office will remain closed to parents and pupils.
- As always, we stress the importance of getting to school on time. We will not admit late pupils through the main entrance and the gates will be locked.
I am sure that you have heard the news that “A child under the age of 18 years of age does not have to isolate if they have been in contact with a positive case”. This is one of the significant changes made by the Government. If a child is identified as a close contact they will receive a Warn and Inform letter or message inviting them to take a test. Contacts will be identified by TTP and the Warn & Inform message distributed by the School. If a child displays COVID symptoms parents will be contacted and the child will need to isolate until they receive a negative test. Following this guidance, there will be no more class closures at this time.
Please can we remind parents that if your child is unwell they should be kept at home. Please message the office via ClassDojo or leave a message on the absence line if they are going to be off school.
Government guidelines state that pupils do not need to exclusively stay in bubbles. However, we will avoid mixing large numbers of pupils to minimise risk of cross contamination.
I am hoping to start Breakfast club from Monday 13th September with a limited capacity. However, we have a few staffing issues so this will need to be confirmed. Please contact Barnabys on 07432 482407 to secure your place.